Sunday 13 April 2014

Printed book etc...

So I got my book printed! Hooray! I will say this though - It's not as good as I'd hoped and not as bad as I'd feared. Basically the colours are somewhat desaturated and they apparently *had trouble with the binding* which resulted in quite a deep crease which cuts off about half an inch of my double page spreads and leaves some images that should sync up across pages looking disjointed. I put this down to incompetence on their part, but this will suffice for my Macmillan submission so no big deal for now. I guess. I'm going to wait and see if anything happens with Macmillan, then I'm going to contact *vegan publishers* which is a relatively small, but you guessed it, vegan publishers. I think they're US based though so that may be problematic but we'll see. I'll also do some research into self publishing costs and effectively plan a kickstarter to raise funds for that. I know that I can get donations from vegan groups if I get a nice video put together. I might be able to wrangle a student to do that for me too, thus cutting my costs down.



Also I did this He-Man image partly for fun and partly for my portfolio. I love 1950's poster art, something I didn't know until I played the first Bioshock game many years back, so I thought it would be fun to do something funny in that style and also in my way of working. Et voila!


It's quite exciting applying this way of working to new stuff. I also want to pursue my advice from mice fanzine just so that I can get something else before the end of the unit to boost my marks (hopefully). I've got a few narrative ideas in my head but I don't want to half-bake them due to time restrictions. I was still editing The Takers right up until the last minute, meaning it took me over half a year of back and forth editing to get it right, now I only have five weeks to do a new narrative - not gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment