Thursday 10 April 2014

Competitions I've entered...

So this year is probably the first time I've felt like I'm good enough to enter competitions *tiny violin plays*. First off I submitted a skateboard design to Crowd. I was selected as one of the five winners with this design. Can't say that I've noticed any additional traffic head over to my facebook page or twitter as a result but it was still cool. Plus, £100 prize money.

Total goonish smile
Next I submitted the animation that I did in my second year at university to the creative conscience awards... Or something. I'm not really sure what it's called, I did it on a whim. My animation focused on depression and took the form of a narrative surrounding a little blue monster. Blue. I know right? Subtle. I haven't heard anything about that but I don't even know when the deadline is, it may still be going on. Here's that animation.



Finally, thus far I've submitted two designs to a competition run by Ohh Deer. It's one of those social media competitions and I don't really like them because it can essentially be a popularity contest, with social butterflies getting the most points (that's right, we get points). Aside from that, it's kind of a useful way to gauge the market. You can see what people want on t-shirts and what they don't want. So whether I win anything or not, at least I can see that if you want to work in *that* industry, a certain degree of pandering needs to occur. Here are the banners I downloaded from Ohh Deer showcasing my work.



No comments:

Post a Comment